Monday, November 28, 2011

Went for a Walk

Today I took Serenity out for a walk down the road to expose her to scary objects. My agenda was to see how she reacted in a new environment to new or scary objects and to see how she reacted to traffic passing by her at speed.

I learned that she naturally stops and looks at something that she is unsure of and that she is not very spooky. Which makes me happy, because the older I get the harder that ground is!

On our walk, Serenity encountered a donkey and it's foal, dogs, trucks, cats, rocks, downed trees, and water puddles. She did great with everything thrown at her. And I am very happy that she was quite willing to drink in all the puddles. On an endurance ride, it is very important that a horse be willing to take care of him/herself by drinking at every opportunity to prevent dehydration. Yeah, Serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment