Monday, December 26, 2011

Saddle Fit

Yesterday I rode Serenity long enough to determine if my new to me saddle really fits her or not. I'm going to say it does not fit her perfectly as there was some rubbing in her loin area. Granted I didn't have the SMX Air Ride half pad on her yesterday, but still for a really good fit, I shouldn't need any extra padding to make it fit right. There is obviously some bridging going on here, and I do not want this happening in longer/faster rides. Today, I used the Air Ride pad under the saddle and it did help, but I'm not happy with that solution to the problem. To me, that's just a band aid. I've ordered a demo model of a Specialized Saddle in hopes that that saddle will solve my problem.

As you can see in the photos, hair has been rubbed off in the loin area and somewhat rubbed in the shoulder area.

No comments:

Post a Comment